The Cheshunt Golf Club - Through the Ages
The Cheshunt Park Golf Course opened in 1975 and The Cheshunt Golf Club
was founded in May 1976 following an initial membership presentation
held in the Rosedale Sports Centre, Andrews Lane.
After the first week the club had attracted 250 members, with a £5 joining fee
and a £3 annual membership.
The club initially operated out of a caravan serving refreshments until the
council eventually replaced this in August 1977 with a purpose built café.
The building in which we now are located dates back to 1625
and was formerly known as "Elm Farm Cottages".
The building was in very poor condition, having been neglected for several
years - and being a listed building it could not be demolished.
It became apparent it could serve as an ideal clubhouse if permission
could be sought for development, so the club approached the council with a plan.
In February 1978 planning permission was granted for
renovation to the whole building and The Cheshunt Golf Club clubhouse
officially opened in June 1979. In 1989 the building was extended,
resulting in our current clubhouse, which is the envy of many visiting clubs.
To view some early press cuttings, click the cutting below :