The Cheshunt Golf Club - Through the Ages

 

The Cheshunt Park Golf Course opened in 1975 and The Cheshunt Golf Club

was founded in May 1976 following an initial membership presentation

held in the Rosedale Sports Centre, Andrews Lane.

After the first week the club had attracted 250 members, with a £5 joining fee

and a £3 annual membership.

The club initially operated out of a caravan serving refreshments until the

council eventually replaced this in August 1977 with a purpose built café.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The building in which we now are located dates back to 1625

and was formerly known as "Elm Farm Cottages".

The building was in very poor condition, having been neglected for several

years - and being a listed building it could not be demolished.

It became apparent it could serve as an ideal clubhouse if permission

could be sought for development, so the club approached the council with a plan.

 

 

 

 

 

In February 1978 planning permission was granted for

renovation to the whole building and The Cheshunt Golf Club clubhouse

officially opened in June 1979. In 1989 the building was extended,

resulting in our current clubhouse, which is the envy of many visiting clubs.

 

To view some early press cuttings, click the cutting below :

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Cheshunt Golf Club                   Founded 1976

The Cheshunt Golf Club - www.thecheshuntgolfclub.co.uk                                                                                                                                                                                                       

19761001.jpg